Why Do I Need Continuing Education?
Continuing education contributes to your professional growth as an optician or contact lens technician. You will benefit by keeping pace with new technology, products and ideas. Take a few minutes to take a personal inventory of your strengths and weaknesses and then select your continuing education to fit your particular needs. If you need help finding continuing education courses for your professional growth and for fulfilling your recertification requirements, try the following suggestions:
- Contact your state society.
- Watch for notice of OptiCon @ Vision Expo on our website.
- Ask colleagues at work for suggestions.
- Contact sales representatives of vendors and manufacturers; many offer courses to small groups.
- Enroll in a homestudy/Internet course with the following education partners:
National Academy of Opticianry
Opticianry Association of America